Kitch's Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Completing My Technology Puzzle


I have been part of 21 Century for 3 years now and I love learning all of the new technologies; however, I feel like each new piece of technology has been somewhat of a puzzle piece needing another piece to use the technology how I really wanted to use it. Now I am finally starting to feel that I have all of the technology pieces to complete the puzzle, and I can really start using technology to enhance the listening and speaking activities within my Spanish classroom.


Today my Spanish 2 students were able to do a listening activity on our Wiki page about my childhood (we are leaning childhood vocabulary and learning how to express what we "used to do") which was amazing because they could listen at their own pace: One time through, pausing when needed, two times through, 100 times through (great differenciation). Then the students had the headsets and recorded a speaking assessment about their own childhood :) Please feel free to check them out http://kitchespanol2.wikispaces.com/


I am so excited to be able to really use all of the technology that I am learning to increase communication of Spanish in the classroom, because ultimately, we learn language to communicate right?!!!!