Kitch's Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Not much to say...
I know a huge suprise, but I haven't had a lot to share and blog about lately. Maybe it is because I am pondering too much information right now and am constantly reading other blogs and responding to them. I agree with what many of the others have been blogging wondering if my students are motivated, engaged and honestly somewhat having an enjoyable time in my classroom.
I try to constantly ask my students, "why, explain it back to me, explain your thinking, is this lack of understanding or lack of effort". I am really trying to give prompt specific feedback and take notes when I am grading on mistakes that the students (as a whole) are making. Doing this helps me see my holes in teaching and where to step back and review or practice more. I am trying to get to the core of who doesn't understand what and how I can really work on what I am doing if a student doesn't know what I consider to be essential. However I guess I am constantly struggling with how to ensure that all 110 year 2 Spanish students master the essential learnings and are truly ready to succeed and tackle Spanish 3.
Hopefully next time I can be a bit more thought provoking. Sorry :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home