Kitch's Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


This week I have been (and in the office as a whole we have been) reflecting on the spiral of learning. Because let's face it, when you don't use it, you loose it. So how can we ensure that students are continually reusing the concepts taught the year before and the year before that? I am not suggesting that we teach the same things over and over again every year; however, I must spiral in previously taught concepts/vocabulary in all of my new lessons to ensure connections with the material and hopefully transition those concepts into their long term memories. Of couse, the issue then becomes time for everything! I have always used warm ups as a way to bring in previously taught material, but I would like to really imbed those concepts into the new learning. I am hoping that learning more about the constructivist approach may help me think of some new amazing ways to spiral student learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home