Kitch's Blog

Friday, February 09, 2007

Okay, so I am no Oprah junkie, but I truly found yesterday's show on "The Law of Attraction" very interesting. I found so many connections between what they were saying and what we are discussing in the 21st century.
First of all, the law of attraction simply states that "like attracts like". The show talked about how what steers your thoughts and emotions is "contagious" so to speak. And your thoughts will attract like thoughts and like energy. For some reason, this all really got me thinking about education.
If our thoughts (and words) are continually, "kids, you need to know this, it will be on the test." What exactly are we attracting? The thoughts that this is only important for the test? Once the test is over the material/content is irrelevant? Is this what is our focus sometimes? I dare to say that every teacher (sadly including myself) has said this statement at one time or another.
The show stated that we must not focus on what is lacking, what is "wrong" or what isn't working, but rather our ultimate goal. "LEARNING". If "learning" is our constant thought and feeling the law of attraction states it should attract learning (and desire to learn).
I know this may sound "out there" and of course action must be taken in the direction of learning. However, as I also ponder the "balance", what has really been in my head is to let go of the old and hold in mind what you want and attract it to you.
So in my earlier post, what I should hold in my thoughts is learning and communication in Spanish. If all of my efforts focus on those goals then my students will too!?
Or maybe I just bought into the idea too much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home